Terms & Conditions
1. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over at the time of the closing date.
2. Entrants must be resident in Northern Ireland.
3. The closing date of the competition is 12pm (midday) on Friday September 19, 2014. Late entries will not be considered.
4. Poems must be on the theme of “Remember”; they must have a title and be no longer than 40 lines in length (excluding title).
5. Poems must be the original work of the entrant.
6. Poems must not have been published elsewhere before the close of this competition.
7. You are limited to one entry per person.
8. Poems should be submitted via email to: email@example.com
9. Postal entries will not be accepted.
10. Poems should be sent as a word document (files ending with “.doc”) – Please ensure that you do NOT send PDF files or Word files marked ‘.docx’ – under the subject heading “FSNI 2014 Poetry Competition Entry”.
11. The entrant’s details – including name, age, address and contact phone number – should be included in the body of the email. Personal details must not be included anywhere on the poem itself.
12. All entries must be in English.
13. Under no circumstances can poems be altered once submitted.
14. All entries are judged anonymously and the poet’s name must not appear on the poem itself.
15. The competition organisers reserve the right to change the judging panel without notice and not to award prizes if, in the judges’ opinion, such an action is justified.
16. The judges’ decision is final and neither the judges nor competition organisers will enter into any correspondence.
17. No current employee, affiliate or family member of the Co-operative Group, Funeral Services NI or its suppliers are eligible to enter.
18. There will be ten finalists, one runner up and one overall National winner. The overall Winner will be announced at the awards event.
19. Entrants must be available on Thursday October 2, 2014 at 7pm to attend a drinks reception and awards event at Stormont.
20. Winning entrants will be given the opportunity to recite their poems at the awards event.
21. You must be able to make your own way to Stormont and home again. The event will be finished no later than 9.30pm
22. A cash prizes will be awarded. The overall winner will receive a £500 cash prize.
23. By submitting an entry you are agreeing to participate in any publicity associated with the competition.
24. The winners must agree to participate in reasonable, unpaid publicity on behalf of the Promoter.
25. Previous Overall Funeral Services Northern Ireland National Poetry Competition winners are ineligible from entry.