1. The Funeral Services Northern Ireland National Poetry Competition prize fund for 2015 is £800. The prize fund will be shared between the overall winner £400, 2nd prize £250, 3rd prize £150.
2. Ten finalists will be given the opportunity to recite their poems at the awards finale event on Thursday October 8 2015 at 7.30pm where the two runners up and overall winner will be announced.
3. All entrants must be available on Thursday October 8 2015 at 7.30pm to attend a recital and awards celebration event at Parliament Buildings Stormont. Entrants must be able to make their own way to Stormont and home again. The event will end no later than 9.30pm.
4. The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over at the time of the closing date for entry.
5. Entrants must be resident in Northern Ireland.
6. The deadline for entry to competition is midnight on Sunday 13 September 2015. Late entries will not be considered.
7. Poems must be on the theme of “Light”; they must have a title and be no longer than 40 lines in length including spaces (excluding title).
8. Poems must be the original work of the entrant and must not have been published elsewhere in any format- ie in print or online, prior to 31 December 2015.
9. Entry is limited to one poem per person.
10. Poems should be submitted via our online submission form.
11. Email or postal entries will not be accepted.
12. All entries must be in English.
13. Under no circumstances can poems be altered once submitted.
14. All entries are judged anonymously and the poet’s name must not appear on the poem itself.
15. The competition organisers reserve the right to change the judging panel without notice and not to award prizes if, in the judges’ opinion, such an action is justified.
16. The judges’ decision is final and neither the judges nor competition organisers will enter into any correspondence.
17. No current employee, affiliate or family member of the Co-operative Group, Funeral Services Northern Ireland, the judges of the competition or any suppliers are eligible to enter.
18. There will be ten finalists, one runner up and one overall National winner. The overall Winner will be announced at the awards event.
19. Entrants must be available on Thursday October 8th, 2015 at 7pm to attend a drinks reception and awards event at Stormont.
20. Winning entrants will be given the opportunity to recite their poems at the awards event.
21. By submitting an entry, the entrant is agreeing to participate in any publicity associated with the competition. Shortlisted entrants, runners up and the overall winner must agree to participate in reasonable, unpaid publicity on behalf of the Promoter.
22. Previous overall Funeral Services Northern Ireland National Poetry Competition winners are ineligible to enter.